WHAT WE DO
As part of our Tax Services, we also offer Individual and Business tax return preparation. We pledge to provide you with timely support and relevant advice throughout the preparation process, as well as work all year round to keep current on tax laws to minimize your tax liabilities and maximize your future opportunities. We are so much more than just your average tax preparer. Our professionals are experts in a wide variety of tax matters, consistently staying apprised of new mandates and changes to make sure clients receive the proper deductions and accurate, sound financial advice. We look at each client’s business individually and within the context of your own personal/business situation so that we are always providing you with useful data that beneficially dovetails your business and personal matters. If you experience issues with the CRA, we also offer comprehensive tax resolution services. Reduce the shock of paying tax, and reduce your risk with the CRA. We strive to provide you with a complete tax program to ensure your success. At Your Bottom Line, we go outside the tax scope of the typical accounting firm to help you develop a long-term tax plan that will keep your business financially healthy.
For small to mid-sized owner managed businesses or organizations that don’t have a full time Chief Financial Officer or Financial Guru, but might need one on a part-time basis. We provide our clients with the expertise of an experienced seasoned Chief Financial Officer on a part time basis, a Virtual CFO.
Our goal is to make you more profitable by looking after Your Bottom Line. We promise fast, professional advice with responsiveness and value no one can match. Are you looking for proactive advice to help you manage and grow your business? As your business grows and matures, you will need more than support or bookkeeping. There’s a point where someone is needed to help you understand the numbers and financial statements versus just preparing them. To begin with, when you become one of our Virtual CFO clients, you will wave goodbye to those unreasonable accountancy bills that so many accountants are guilty of. You don’t have to worry about the clock ticking every time you send an email or call your accountant because our VCFO fees are fixed and tailored to your needs as we customize a plan for you based on your unique business needs. To prevent you from getting one bill to pay at the end of each year, you can pay us a low monthly fee, easing your cash flow. MOST SUPPORT IS FREE FOR OUR VCFO CLIENTS (E-MAIL, TELEPHONE & MEETINGS): So if you have an urgent question or just a quick query, everyone here is ready and waiting to help you and that includes the partners of the firm, who you have direct access to whenever you need it. So, if you’re looking for an accountant who does things differently and puts you at the center of their business and really cares about building a long-term relationship, then we know you’re going to love taking 90 minutes out of your day to meet with us. Because even our FREE no-obligation meetings are full of surprises – including a copy of our BOOK!
Our fixed rate bookkeeping service is designed to handle all your daily financial record keeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable as well as your month-end accounting needs. This will reduce the need for an in-house bookkeeper, saving your company time and money. At the end of the year we can then ensure we are minimizing your taxes and maximizing Your Bottom Line.
- Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliation
- Review and adjust monthly inventory counts
- Prepare Sales Tax Returns (if applicable)
- Financial Reports including (but not limited to):
- Profit and Loss (Income Statement)
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Cash Flows
- General LedgerAnd of course making sure you are ready for Year End preparation and taxes!
Are you spending too much time and money handling payroll? As a small business owner, you may be tired of doing data entry, remembering tax deadlines and completing yearly worker’s compensation audits. Why waste precious time and energy learning how to do payroll, when you can rely on YBL as your payroll experts? Payroll is a big commitment. Many small businesses do not realize the volume of paperwork and forms associated with administering payroll. Outsourcing your payroll is cost and time effective. We take care of all the time-consuming administrative tasks, including check processing and printing, direct deposit, T4, T5, T5018, WSIB, Record of Employment (ROE) processing, and up-to-date quarterly and annual payroll tax filing—eliminating the need for a full-time payroll specialist. You also do not need to worry about changing payroll laws; our experts stay up-to-date on ever-changing mandates to ensure compliance.
- QuickBooks Online/Desktop training and setup
- Quickbooks Online/Desktop Support and review
- Quickbooks Online/Desktop file setup
- Microsoft Excel Training & Development using existing templates and developing new ones
- Support for Freshbooks, Wave, Xero, Simply Accounting, PC Law, Clio
- If you want to be your own bookkeeper, we can help you through the tricky and unique situations as you go.
We have experts available to handle a wide variety of services you might need. Including, but not limited to, the following:
- Financial Advisory Services
- Prepare and Review Financial Statements
- Deal with Canada Revenue Agency on all tax related matters, enquires and notice of assessments.
- Assess the financial health of your business; recommendations to improve your bottom line
- Financial & Strategic Business Plans and Budgets
- Cash Flow Forecasts and optimization of Working Capital
- Prepare GST, HST and other government required tax and information returns
- WSIB registration, sign up, filing, reviews, etc.
- Human Resource administration (hiring, interviewing, terminations, performance appraisals, payroll admin)
- Raise short and long term financing
- Project Management
- Review and assess internal controls
- Assistance in Buying or Selling your company
- US Tax Matters
- US & international Tax issues
- US gambling and lottery winnings
- Canadians owing property in the US.
- Assist US Citizens living in Canada comply with the IRS filing rules.
No matter what type of business you’re running, we have the tools and the expertise to help! Our real expertise is working with the owners/directors/partners of small and medium-sized businesses. It doesn’t matter where you are in your development either; in fact we love working with businesses that are…
- New Or Young – We offer favorable terms for start-ups and young businesses [less than 2 years old] to help you in the early months/years
- Established – You may have a negative view of accountants – but we assure you this will change when you start working with us. The opportunities you have with the right accountant are significant and we can help you maximize all of them
- Large Or Small – Small businesses have different challenges and circumstances to large businesses and vice versa. Both require a high degree of expertise, which suits us perfectly
- Making Small Or Huge Profits – Amongst many things, our tax-planning service will help you keep more in your pocket
- Struggling Financially – Don’t despair, there’s so much we can do to help you. Virtually every problem you have can be solved by making more sales and more profit. We have THE solutions and the system to achieve both these things in quick-time In truth, this expertise in working with businesses and business owners of all types has led to us co-authoring our highly acclaimed book entitled ‘Why Owner-Managed Businesses STOP Growing & What You Can Do About It’ (incidentally, the book retails at $30, but you can get it for FREE when you meet with us).